Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Happy New Year!

Several friends (including my husband) have suggested starting a blog, since some are wondering what we're doing and what the kids are doing. I was lying in bed just now trying to take a nap while the kids are napping, without success (my nap, not theirs, of course, or I wouldn't be starting a blog!), and I thought, "I could start a blog instead!" So here goes! No promises on how long it will last, but at least I'm starting it.

So the first question you might have is...what is with the name of your blog? Of course I typed in several possible blog names but they were all taken, so I decided I'd have to use a different language. The first thing that came to mind was my favorite novel, "Les Miserables" by Victor Hugo. Of course, that means "The Miserable Ones," so I decided to switch it to "Les Heureux", which means "The Happy, Lucky, Fortunate Ones." But I mostly intend it to mean happy.  And so many people comment, "Your kids are always so happy!"

"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved." Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

3 comments:

Ideal1 said...

Happy New Year yourself, happy ones! We are proud to count you among our good friends and wish the four of you a joyful year. I am looking forward to your blog, since you are an excellent writer, witty and altogether delightful! And, here I am with the first comment. Love, SD

D2 said...

Happy New Year as well!

Just found the blog and am happy to add you to my reading list. I've used my blog for the last couple of years to stay in contact with family and friends and it is a wonderful tool for that.

Even better, I found new friends through blogging! I hope you'll be as fortunate.

/D

Cara said...

I had your blog bookmarked, and was trying to figure out where I saw it- must have been WFMW. Anyway, I was poking around more tonight, and wanted to say thank you for all the special needs info. My daughter is developmentally delayed/low tone and in ST, OT, and PT. (I don't blog about it, since I already seem to get plenty of unsolicited advice from my family members regarding her delays ;) ) It's been informative reading what you have shared! Just wanted to thank you.

Cara