Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Holding on

I'm ecstatic to report that Natalie has started to consistently hold on to a regular swing. She did this for the first time for any length of time at this park where the swings are very low to the ground (makes me less nervous if she falls). And once she showed me she can do it there, I tested her out on the big kid swing at home, and she's done great.

She has forgotten, and fallen a couple times at home, usually when she wants to sign something, but she immediately gets back on the swing and keeps going. I just tell her she has to speak when she wants to tell me something, instead of signing it!

Of course, we don't swing her very high when she's on a big kid swing. If she wants to "shoot the moon", she still has to be strapped in to an infant swing.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow...that is great! AnnaKate still gets really unsteady in the big swing.

Kelly W.

Terri H-E said...

Yahoo for swing milestones! We're still stuck on the lack of consistency with holding on (Addie has only signs), but little by little she's improving. I'll have to tell her about Natalie and maybe that will motivate her.

She looks so tiny in a regular swing - I bet it doesn't take much of a push to get her going!

Brandi said...

What a big girl! I am always so impressed with her progress. She'll be shooting the moon before you know it!

Anxious AF said...

Go Natalie!

Christine said...

Natalie, you are amazing. Such a big girl. Keep impressing us all.