Friday, March 30, 2007

My best helper

Lukas just interrupted this morning's Play Doh session (where he's actually using the clay and mixing up the colors in the extruder...yes, he calls it an extruder) to take the clothes out of the dryer, clean out the lint filter, put the wet clothes from the washer into the dryer, turn the dryer to the right number of minutes, and turn the dryer on...all without my help!

He isn't helpful with folding laundry, preferring to throw it around the room, but just what he's doing already is very nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am just teaching my "best and oldest" helper how to do the laundry. Man! I should have been on it much earlier, I can see. WAY TO GO, LUKAS!!!

Cheryl (yup, the one at church :)

Cindy said...

Thanks, Cheryl. In the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that we have a front-loading washer...it would be impossible with a child this young otherwise. I got a front-loading washer 8 years ago and I still love it! It uses a lot less water and gets the clothes cleaner...and my 3-year-old can take the clothes out!