Monday, June 11, 2007

The Duarte Party (it rhymes)

Saturday night we also had some friends over that I knew when I lived in Duarte, CA. Tony and Wilma, Karl and Sheri, Boyd and Joan, and John and Diane made the trek down for barbecue and fun. Here's Sheri with Natalie, and John winding up Lukas' new race car, courtesy of Sheri.

After dinner, some of them went out front to race the car, and at one point Lukas came back in and said, "I don't have to go potty! I have to watch NASCAR!" When Lukas says, "I don't have to go potty" when I haven't mentioned it, that means he has to go.

We had a great time talking with our friends and wish we lived closer so we could visit more often. Even though none of them have kids at home to bring with them, they are all kids at heart. The proof is that Lukas said the next morning "that was a fun party with my friends."

No comments: