Monday, July 23, 2007

Splish splash

Tonight we started swim lessons for the kids. They are "parent and child" lets-get-comfortable-in-the-pool lessons, so Tom and I are both in the water, each with a child.

I had Lukas, until the lesson required me to put him on the edge of the pool, say, "Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall!" and let him fall into the water...repeat MANY times. After lifting him back on the wall five or six times, I asked to switch to the lighter child so I don't strain my pregnancy belly.

Both Natalie and Lukas had a great time, and Tom and I really enjoyed it too. Natalie likes to splash, and seems to understand what it means when we say, "splash Natalie!" Lukas did the best he's ever done, blowing bubbles under water and pinching his nose and going under water (he's never done that before). I think it helps that the pool is very shallow so he can stand on the bottom and bounce around in water up to his chin.

Three more lessons this week, then four more lessons next week...we're going to be exhausted, but I know it will be a fun two weeks.

No comments: