Friday, September 21, 2007

Thursday and Friday

My days have been so full lately that I'm constantly blogging about "yesterday", instead of "today", which is my goal. Yesterday we stayed home to rest and catch up around the house, then went to Ikea with Tom for dinner. Monday through Friday, if you spend $10 or more in the cafeteria, you get a coupon for $10 off a purchase of $100 or more...Lukas loves the cafeteria experience and I love not having to make dinner, as well as eating dinner and shopping in one stop.

We finally snagged the top storage unit for our new desk (the last one we put together didn't have holes bored on one piece so we had to take it all back). We also bought a toy storage unit for the kids' room. I don't know when we're going to paint, since we're going to be assembling furniture so much! We still have to buy a new dresser for their room, too, and we're planning on Ikea for that as well. The children's area of Ikea has a lot of cool storage and toy items, but we're getting an adult dresser for their room (better quality than the kids dressers).

Today Cammie watched Natalie while Lukas and I ran errands. I counted 10 stops before lunch...I could NEVER do that with Natalie too. It's such a relief to check things off my to-do list all at once, instead of one stop after a doctor visit here, and another stop the next day. Lukas did a great job keeping up with me, without being in a stroller or a shopping cart. Today I also used my "little purse" for the first time to carry my wallet and cell phone and car keys. It's amazing how light it is compared to the diaper bag/purse I usually carry...I look forward to the day when there are no diapers in our house and I don't have to carry a diaper bag...but that's a few years off!

Nap time!

No comments: