Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hey, Look at Me!

I forgot to post an event that had Tom and me busting our sides laughing. Sunday afternoon we went for a walk "around the block", which is about 1/2 mile. Lukas wanted to show Daddy that he could ride his trike with us while we walked with Natalie in the stroller (he's gone 1 mile with me several times, but never ridden the trike while we walked with Tom), so we started out.

Near the end of the first 1/2 mile, three boys came around the corner, each about 10 years old, on bikes, going pretty fast. Lukas saw them approaching ahead and said, "Look at the boys on the bikes!" As the first one approached us, he yelled and waved, "Hi, HI!" The first boy went by without a word.

Not to be deterred, Lukas yelled at the second boy, "HI, HI!" Not a word in response. They're going by so quickly!

Finally, the third boy responded with a "hi" to Lukas' increasingly intense, "HI, HI, HI!" After he went by, Lukas said, "That boy said hi to me!"

Tom and I had a hard time continuing the walk, we were laughing so hard. Here our little (big) 3.5-year old son on his trike sees himself as a peer with the 10-year olds whizzing by on their bikes, and he has no clue how they see him!

1 comment:

Tom said...

If I recall correctly, Lukas threw out a couple of "Hi, I am on a tricycle" too. Tom