Monday, January 21, 2008

The Big Four-O

Yes, Tom and I are in the same decade now. He threw me a 40th birthday party at Souplantation...genius inspiration on his part to have it at that restaurant, by the way: there is food for everyone, including the kids, and it suits people arriving at different times and kids being noisy. Thanks to everyone who joined us in the celebration: I feel duly feted. Here's a picture after the men and women had separated into groups (another good thing about the restaurant: you don't feel like you need to stay in one place because you're getting up and down to get more food anyway!)

I think this momentous date arrived without much anticipation on my part because I was anticipating GIVING birth. My only sadness at being 40 is that this is my first birthday without the one who gave birth to me, my mom. I miss you, Mom, but I know you're in a better and easier place now.

When my birthday arrived (not on the date of the party), Lukas had a hard time understanding: "We already had your birthday, Mom!" After he understood, he just wanted more cake.

No comments: