Thursday, January 17, 2008

World's fastest doctor's visit

Here's how doctor's visits usually go:
  • Arrive 5-10 minutes before appointment, sit in waiting room 30-45 minutes for name to be called.
  • When name is called, go to exam room, take clothes off Natalie, have her weighed and measured; put clothes back on (or not)
  • Go to private exam room (or back to waiting room) for 15-30 minutes and wait for nurse to come in and ask you why we're there, I tell him/her everything I really just want to discuss with the doctor
  • Wait another 5-10 minutes after he/she leaves for the doctor to arrive, re-tell him everything I just told the nurse.
  • Doctor sees Natalie for a maximum of 5 minutes
  • 1-2 hours after arriving, we leave
Here's how today's doctor visit went:
  • I pulled our of our garage at 8:06 a.m.
  • We arrived in the doctor's office for our 8:30 appointment at 8:30
  • I paid the co-pay
  • Two minutes later, the doctor came to the door and called Natalie's name
  • We went to the private exam room, I told him why we were there (to see if he, the ENT, wants to nudge Natalie's ear tubes back in when she's already under anesthesia for a glaucoma test)
  • He looks in each ear and says, "They are half as far out as I would have expected them to be after this much time; I don't want to do anything, but come back in three months."
  • I pull back into our garage at 9:06 a.m.
No joke!

I would LOVE to see this doctor again in three months!

No comments: