Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It could be sooner than we think...

...that Natalie starts walking on her own!

Monday when the boys and I came back to the clinic to pick up Natalie, I heard Caryn, Natalie's therapist, cheering behind the door. I peeked through the window in the waiting room and saw that Natalie was taking a few steps, unaided, between Caryn and another therapist! When I say "a few", I mean 4-5, and they were practically falling steps, but then again, that's what walking is...controlled falling. Caryn also said Natalie stood unaided for 45 seconds, which is way beyond her previous record.

This morning she again did the 4-5 falling steps between me and Christina, Natalie's OT who comes to our home on Wednesdays. The amount of improvement that she's had in just a month's time is very encouraging!

Before Konrad was born, I sort of expected that Natalie might walk at about the same time as Konrad, but I am SOOOOO excited to think that it will probably be...weeks? a few months? No more than a few months, I'm sure.

I can't wait to be carrying Konrad and holding Natalie's hand as we confidently walk someplace together with Lukas holding on to something (he always insists on holding on to something). I can't wait to see Natalie trot across the lawn to get a ball.

Ok, I'm crying now, so I'll stop.

2 comments:

Anxious AF said...

That is wonderful!!
go Natalie!!!

D2 said...

Yeay! I am so happy to read this.

I was amazed how well she did last weekend...