Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Rock Garden

Lukas has a sweet habit of giving me rocks that he finds. Well, it's sweet until I have a gravel pile on my kitchen window ledge. And, it turns out, many of the rocks he was giving me he had "found" around the fruit tree bubblers in our backyard (the gravel that Tom had purposely put around the tree bubblers to control erosion).

So a couple weeks ago, I told Lukas that I was taking this rock he was giving to me (he also picks flowers for me), but this would be the LAST rock that I would take from him, from our backyard. I think that Tom redirected him to create a rock garden. Lukas' rock garden is in a 6" square patch of dirt, surrounded by the garage, the sidewalk, the driveway and a fence.

Of course, if you have a rock garden, you need a sign. Here is Lukas' sign (click to enlarge and decipher). Don't ask me what it says, but it's something about a rock garden, and that the rock garden is Lukas'! I think he got the idea of a sign from one of his favorite books, The Night Vegetable Eater.

No comments: