Thursday, July 17, 2008

Park Day

What a morning! Out the door by 7:20 to drop Lukas at preschool and get to Natalie's first therapy by 8 a.m.

Then Konrad and I walked for over an hour at a nearby park (he had a good nap in the stroller while I worked on shedding the pounds I gained during Natalie's pregnancy...I'm finally back to where I was before I got pregnant with Konrad). It's a blessing that we have so much of the ocean influence in the weather in the morning, so it started to heat up right about the time Konrad and I headed back to pick up Natalie from therapy.

Today is the first day in a long time that we went to Park Day (with other friends from church...it's hard to go after Natalie's therapy when we're already tired from the morning), but today no one else showed up! I wasn't very disappointed, because it gave me the chance to work with Natalie on climbing the playground equipment, instead of talking to my friends...I need to focus on Natalie a lot now at the park. Natalie and Konrad swung in swings next to each other, then Konrad chilled in the stroller while I got Natalie to climb and slide. (Sorry, no pictures...hopefully next time!)

It's SOOO much fun now that she's walking to help her play on the playground equipment. If left to her own vices, she'll just sit and play in the wood chips or sand, but if I focus on her, I can get her a interested in climbing and safely exploring.

I wish we had a park that was closer to where we live so that we could use playground equipment more frequently. But playing in our own yard is so much easier than keeping three kids happy (and Konrad usually needs a nap in the middle of a park outing).

I'll try to get Natalie to tell Lukas where we went while he was at preschool...just so he knows he isn't the only one having fun!

No comments: