Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Once removed

Today during Natalie's in-home therapy from 8-9, Christina asked if she could come back at 10:30 to do a make-up session. I said, Sure! because even though I had guests coming at 10:30, I knew an extra adult to keep Natalie occupied...er, I mean, to help her with therapy...would be welcome.

My SIL Leanne was the guest, and she brought her two grandkids (she doesn't look like a grandmother, does she!), Dustin and Maddy. Dustin is one month older than Lukas, and Maddy is 3 weeks younger than Konrad (unfortunately she doesn't have a grandchild around Natalie's age). So the pictures are of the 4-year olds and the crawlers playing together.

Leanne was watching the kids while her son and his wife (who live several hours away) were on vacation. Lukas kept referring to Leanne as "your mom" when talking to Dustin. Dustin said, "She's not my mom, she's my grammy!" How confusing this must be to Lukas, who calls her Aunt Leanne, but here she is someone else's grammy! I didn't try to explain that he and Dustin were first cousins once removed...that's way too confusing.

And Natalie had a great time playing with Christina...she was actually more attentive to Christina during the second session, when there were boys yelling and babies screaming in the house, than she was during the first session when it was much more quiet. Here's a picture of the pinching practice she did with paper clips.

And the playdate wouldn't be complete if the boys didn't play with pipes!

Fun playdate, but exhausting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics.. Noah does the clothes pin thing too.. Hasn't become interested though. Can't say I blame him.