Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Birthday Party

Whew! Having one birthday party for two kids is not twice the work...it's definitely the way to go when their birthdays are only two days apart...but it is still exhausting. I realized as the day was beginning that both Natalie and Konrad would need extra support to handle the extra attention on their birthdays so they wouldn't get too overwhelmed. It actually went really well, I think especially because the party was pretty small...more kids and it would have been way too crazy. Tom and I think the party was perfect... and Konrad and Natalie think so too!

The theme was Winnie the Pooh (it would have been Tigger, if there were Tigger themes, because Natalie loves her Tigger so much). But mostly the theme was "play outside". I was really happy that the day was sunny and warm (December birthdays are not predicitable here ...it could be cold and rainy, hot and windy, or beautiful...we had "beautiful").

I think Natalie understood that the birthday party was for her (especially since they said "Happy Birthday" to her at school on Friday)...for sure, by next year, I think she'll know what's going on.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

What a fun birthday! I think that is neat that they got to celebrate together. All the more special.

Kelly W.

Anxious AF said...

Happy first birthday Konrad! You have grown fast!

Natalie is at school right now isnt she.......Oh my goodness, I still cant believe it!