Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hot!

These pictures are from Monday (yes, the afternoon of Natalie's surgery)...but they're a good indication of what we've been doing all week: trying to stay cool. It's been in the mid 80s with less than 20% humidity...which feels like we've been living inside my oven all week. I think tomorrow it's supposed to cool down for the first time and be only slightly below 80 for a few days.

Anyway, Lukas suggested swimming in the toddler pool, but since that is put away for the winter (yes, it is supposed to be winter!), I settled for the sprinkler again. Natalie only stood on the perimeter and got her hands wet, but Lukas loved running through the water, even though the water was very cold, and the evaporative cooling qualities of the wind made it feel even colder. Konrad thought they were both nuts and crawled away as quickly as I tried to put him near the water.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

That is so cute! :) Oh yes; it has been hot. Isn't this January, though?

Imse said...

Wow! I am sitting here and I freeze... It is -18 degrees outside. What a difference! Can we change weather, just for some days?

Hope eyerything is Ok with Natalie!

Love from Cecilie in Norway

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

Are you kidding me!!??? It is 0 degrees outside here in StL!! That's it...I am moving to CA!!

Cindy said...

Imse and Myssie, I hereby agree to switch weather with you for one day. I'll have an attorney get right on it!