Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Do you have an electric egg beater in your home?

Recently there have been lots of conversations about gadgets we have in our house, and whether they existed when Lukas was born, and whether they existed when Tom and I were kids. Like computers...how hard is it to convince a kid that Mom and Dad didn't have computers in their homes, but we still had running water and electricity?

Lukas was helping me make a gingerbread cake the other day, and he commented in the electric egg beater I was using, "But you didn't have those when you were a little girl." I told him we did have electric egg beaters when I was a little girl.

Then he insisted that not everyone has electric egg beaters today...he thinks they are a special gadget that not everyone has.

So I told him I would poll the readers of our blog, to find out how many people have electric egg beaters at home. Here's your chance...click on the poll on the right side of the blog and let Lukas know!

Thanks for playing!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Funny you should mention this. Ben and I had a similar conversation last night. He was telling me that when he was little he thought people were 'rich' if they ate brand name cereal and had cable T.V. =)

Terri H-E said...

Lukas, we have one. But ours is very simple - I'm sure yours is much fancier. We use it for a batch of cookies every 2 months or so, and for homemade mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes much more frequently.

Speaking of the advent of technology - check out the youtube vid I shared on FB today, Cindy. Pretty applicable to Lukas' concerns about just how dark a time his parents lived in... I'm glad he appreciates the special conveniences you have in your home!

Christine said...

What a fun post!!! Lukas we do NOT have an egg-beater. I have a whisk with a lot of arm power...