Thursday, August 6, 2009

Congratulations Jessica and Adam!

Have you met Natalie's RTS brother, Alex? Well, Alex's parents, Jessica and Adam, are expecting a new baby very soon. As Natalie can attest, having a new baby come into the family is very exciting for everyone. And we're sure that Alex and his new sibling will be great friends, just like Natalie and Konrad are.

Now, AnnaKate is one of Natalie's RTS sisters, and her mom, Kelly, is hosting a virtual babyshower. I'm honored to attend this shower, both because Jessica and Kelly--though I have never met them--are like sisters to me, AND because this is the first virtual babyshower I've ever attended.

I'm so excited!

Anyway, don't you love the virtual cake? There are also virtual decorations and virtual party favors...and a virtual meal to go with it. Since we can all laugh and smile about virtual decorations, cake and party favors, but my kids aren't laughing about a VIRTUAL MEAL, I decided that instead of the IHOP Cinnamon Roll French Toast that Kelly is serving, virtually, I served REAL Cindy's pancakes this morning instead. Hey, the kids and Tom approve!

And while we're eating the real pancakes, we are also opening the real babyshower presents. Well, we're not really opening them, but we're really mailing them to Jessica, who will really open them sometime next week when they really arrive.

Jessica says she doesn't know if baby #4 is a boy or a girl (she already has 3 precious boys), but the answer has been written down by her ultrasound tech and placed in a sealed envelope. I thought this was the perfect idea and wish I'd done it, instead of choosing to be surprised, and then wanting to know the gender of our 3rd child before he was born (but after the ultrasound tech already forgot).

Jessica says she hasn't peaked in the envelope, but she registered for some cute baby boy clothes, so I'm suspicious. I'm holding out hope that it's a girl and giving her a gender-neutral sleep sack. And for Alex (I assume) is the 2-in-1 Harness Buddy, since she's going to have a toddler and a baby on her hands soon (a very challenging task, I might add). And just because The Happy Ones love books, and we love Sandra Boynton, here's a new book to encourage baby #4 to sleep and to give Jessica lots of much-needed sleep.

Congratulations Jessica and Adam!

To see more of Jessica's baby shower, and to join us in congratulating Jessica and Adam, go here. It's sure to be a load of fun!

1 comment:

Anxious AF said...

I havent peeked, I HAVENT!!!!! I just know its a boy:) The lady pancake looks like me right now.
Thank you so much for coming to my shower, for some reason this rbought tears to my eyes, maybe its the horomones, or maybe I feel so blessed having so many "sisters" to love on and who love on me.
Thank you so much!