Tuesday, October 20, 2009

...and it comes full circle!

When Tom and I were pregnant with Lukas, we shared with everyone that we were having a boy, but didn't tell anyone his name until after he was born (that's our "thing"...we don't share the name until the baby is born...which will again happen with #4...yes, we already have the baby named, and hope we don't need to come up with another name if we guessed wrong with the gender).  Anyway, back to the story...

So after Lukas was born, I called my mom in Texas to tell her about his birth, and said, "His name is Lukas, with a K," because we didn't choose the most common American spelling of the name, Lucas.  BTW, Lukas is the German spelling, as Konrad is the German spelling, and we are both of German heritage, so that's why we went with the uncommon spellings.

So my mom hears me say, "His name is Lukas, with a K," and her response is:  "Kukas?"  Tom and I have laughed about this for the past five and a half years.

And now...

...Konrad can't say the L yet, so he calls his brother...

...you guessed it...

Kukas.

1 comment:

Christine said...

That's funny! I love stories like that!