Friday, July 8, 2011

It was worth it

Today while I was meeting with Natalie's pediatrician about Natalie's increasingly poor behavior, I got a call from the urology department.  Not that I took the call...I had to wait to find out why they were calling until after the doctor visit.

That terrible little procedure the other day?  It came back positive for UTI!  We're praying that Natalie's behavior really improves after a round of antibiotics.  (She's been on prophylactic antibiotics for other a month and still has an infection).   I'm amazed that she's even using the toilet...hopefully her toilet use will improve even more when she has no infection!

The pediatrician is going to recommend a second opinion from another neurologist, and also an opinion by a developmental pediatrician.  But maybe the only problem is an infection.  It wouldn't be the first time.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Yikes! I hope getting the infection cleared up helps with her behavior. It's hard to feel bad and not be able to articulate it, so I'd bet that's a lot of the problem. That, and just being 5, LOL! I hope she feels better soon!

Patty