Monday, September 5, 2011

OWWWW!

I can't take a picture of it, so you'll just have to take my word for it.  Dominik is teething his 2-year molars, and it hurts!  I put a finger in his mouth to feel his gums and one molar is in, with a blister the size of a bean on the gum below.  On the other side, he has even bigger blisters on top and bottom, and at least one of them is very dark blue under the skin: blood welled up, ready for that tooth to erupt (don't you love the technical term doctors use? Sounds like a volcano!)

Anyway, Friday night he woke up crying, Saturday night was even worse with about 3 hours of sleep lost with sore mouth.  Last night, I planned ahead and kept him on Tylenol and Motrin ahead of time, anticipating when he needed another dose and just giving it to him!  He only woke at 3:30 this morning, and I gave him another dose and he was back to sleep.

Today he's helping Tom vacuum.  After all, it is Labor Day, so let's work!


No comments: