Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day has a special meaning for me...I vividly remember the last Valentine's Day I celebrated before I met Tom (described here), and it's amazing to see how different our lives are from then!

Here's what we did for Valentine's Day this year...BTW, I don't think I've ever gone out on Valentine's Day, but I've heard it's hard to get a table at a restaurant.  Much easier to stay home and cook a nice meal.


Dominik's hair didn't get combed, coming right out of the bath to the dinner table (he was making mud pies while I was making dinner).  In what may become a new tradition, we had dessert first.  The gas grill was out of fuel so I broiled the tri-tip in the oven, and it took longer than it normally takes on the grill, so the meat wasn't done when we were ready to eat.  On the spur of the moment, we had dessert first:  strawberry tarts I made that afternoon, with whipped cream on top (Konrad doesn't like whipped cream...I hope he noticed that I served him his dessert without him having to tell me that he doesn't like whipped cream).  As Lukas said, "second dessert" could be after the meal.

Second dessert is, of course, chocolate!

No comments: