Friday, March 30, 2012

A Great Day For A Hike

Today was my 9/80 Friday off from work, so I took Lukas and Konrad for a hike and to run some errands (Cindy ran some errands with Dominik). We headed out to Peter's Canyon County Park for a hike around the lake. Before we started our hike I saw that it would be 2.5 miles round trip. I had several second thoughts, because there are hills to climb and there is no way to shorten the hike around the lake. After we hiked about a half mile I realized we were committed and I just focused on getting us around the lake. The boys did great! There were all kinds of things to look at on the trail, and lots of people walking dogs which Konrad loved. At about the two mile mark Konrad said that he was getting tired, but I was able to coax him back to the van. When we ended our hike I had the boys pose in front of the trail marker. Lukas was surprised to read that the hike was 2.5 miles long.


The boys playing with Dodder (witch's hair)













One of the big hills we climbed.















The only snake we saw was someones school notes dropped on the trail.

No comments: