Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Eight months?!?

Hey, I just noticed the pregnancy ticker at the top of the blog has the "eight months" baby highlighted. Eight months! I really feel the countdown is on. We have so much we want to get done before the baby comes, because we know how hard it is to get anything done after the baby arrives.

I was just talking with Tom this morning about looking at the calendar and thinking about what would be "a good day" for the baby to be born. Tom has no vacation time built up at work and can only take 2 days sick leave (paid...he can take many weeks unpaid), so the best time would be during Christmas break. Or, as I laughingly mentioned, if the baby were to be born in 2008, he would have a whole week leave that he could use. But we laughed both of those possibilities off because my babies come early, not late.

Just goes to show, you can't predict when a baby will come, so I'll stop thinking about it now.

At least for another day or so!

2 comments:

Kacie said...

I hope someday, paternity leave will be the norm, and not the exception. Best wishes as you welcome Baby # 3 to your household!

Cindy said...

Thanks, Kacie!