Wednesday, October 17, 2007

So much for my plans!

Natalie's therapy for this morning was rescheduled, so I had planned to go walking with the kids for the first time in a week or two. But last night, Natalie got me up several times, crying in pain. I still don't know if it's an ear infection (her ears have too much wax for me to see with my otoscope) or a urinary tract infection (I don't know what the symptoms are) or something to do with her mic-key button (feeding tube port) popping out two days ago (we replaced it in less than five minutes).

THEN...Lukas got me up several times, first asking for a light to be on. I asked if he wanted to use the potty while he was up, and he did, and I discovered that his pants were wet (must have leaked around the pull up). Then he was shivering cold, couldn't get warm, so I stayed up with him for at least 45 minutes getting him warm, giving him warm milk, giving him more covers, convincing him to leave the low light off, because Natalie doesn't sleep with it on.

THEN...Lukas got me up because of a nightmare. We prayed for God to take away his fears and he went back to sleep until morning.

THEN...Natalie got me up again with pain (the motrin must have worn off).

Very bad night...I don't remember having both kids up all night before. And now there will soon be a third!

We're off to see the pediatrician about Natalie.

Our walk will be from the parking structure to her office...then I hope we get home at a decent time for lunch and naps. I sure need one!

No comments: