Saturday, June 23, 2007

Busy day

Today we all went to church to set up for Vacation Bible School (starting on Monday) and for Tom to clean out some stuff in preparation for our church picnic next weekend.

Afterwards, we went to Evan's first birthday party. It was very fun! Lukas and Natalie loved seeing their friends and playing with the many balls Wilfred and Cindy provided.

This afternoon I noticed some birds landing on the peach tree, so Tom and I put bird netting over the peach tree. I think the peaches will start to ripen this week, and this would be just when the birds start eating them. We've always had great peaches, but they've either gotten eaten by birds or worms, so I am determined to get a decent crop this year. We sprayed soap spray on the tree earlier in the year to discourage worms. I saw a few peaches with worms, but nothing like we've had in the past, so I'm optimistic!

No comments: