Friday, June 22, 2007

Friday morning walk report...soon to be morning construction report

Well, we didn't walk this morning because the excitement was RIGHT OUTSIDE OUR HOUSE. Tom noticed the road had been cut with a saw yesterday, outlining the area to be torn up, and this morning the work crew arrived to take out the drain that crosses the street to the storm drain. Orange County is so flat (how flat is it?)...it's SO flat that if a tree root pushes the drain up a little bit, all the runoff gets backed up in front of our house. Needless to say, we're glad that they're finally fixing this problem. I think I first complained three years ago and they came out and scraped the concrete so the water flowed better, but this is the proper way to fix it.

Lukas came to me and said in a hushed, excited tone, "Mommy, there's a Bobcat!" Tom had opened the windows this morning to let the cool air in before it got hot, so we heard them as soon as they arrived. We all got dressed and went outside. I put Lukas in his favorite tree seat and Natalie and I watched from the front porch.

I asked Lukas if it wasn't too loud. He who complains about my hairdryer (a very quiet one!) said, "No, it's not too loud." He watched for about 20 minutes and then said, "Mommy, it's too loud, let's go inside."

Continuing updates on this exciting development to come!

No comments: