Saturday, July 21, 2007

YUM!

Tom is at a men's prayer breakfast at church this morning, so I made oatmeal for the kids as a special treat. Lukas and Natalie both LOVE oatmeal, and this morning since I didn't feel like eating right away, I took the time to help Natalie feed herself.

Her OT has been working on this with her the last two sessions, and I need to spend time at least once a day working with her on it. I have to help her scoop and partly guide the spoon to her mouth to make sure the food gets in her mouth. She is eager to do it, and the coordination is coming, but it's going to take a lot of practice.

In the past we'd noticed she had a little rash around her mouth after feeding her oatmeal. We thought it might be the cinnamon we put in the oatmeal, so today I tried it without cinnamon and, sure enough, she didn't break out!

No comments: