Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Pics from our trip

Here are a few pics from our trip to Texas for my mom's funeral last week.

Lukas in a big bed, all by himself. I awoke many times the first night to make sure he didn't fall out of bed. The second night he fell out of bed and I was sure he would cry but he didn't...must have fallen on his feet! The third night he didn't fall out at all, but he came close several times!

We booked our hotel on Expedia. This is the first time we've stayed in a hotel with kids (all the other times have been at family homes or camping, so we came better prepared). I requested a crib when we booked, but when we got there, the hotel said they didn't have one...there were MANY other things about the hotel that weren't great, but you live and learn. Here's how we set Natalie up to sleep the first night without a crib. The next day at the funeral I saw a friend from college, Rebecca, and she generously loaned us a pack n play for the next two nights, so both Natalie and we slept MUCH better! Thanks again Rebecca!

Here's a pic of my siblings and me: Joel, Julian, me, Rose, Eric. Then Gary playing with Natalie in the stroller.

Here's a pic of all the relatives who came: Back row includes Julian's wife Lee Ann and Rose's husband Gary and of course Tom with Lukas and me with Natalie (playing behind our heads!)

Front row in the middle is my mom's sister, Elizabeth in the light pink, flanked by her daughter, Rachel and my brother's daughter, Rita.

Lukas loved rolling the smaller luggage on wheels, even though it was a little heavy for him to control.

No comments: