Thursday, November 8, 2007

35 Weeks

Ok, tomorrow I'm 35 weeks, but I'd say, "what difference does a day make?" at this point!

Today I visited the OB (Chris watched Lukas and I took Natalie along on the appointment). My blood pressure was a little high and there was a little protein in my urine, but the doctor said it's unlikely I would develop pre-eclampsia on my third baby...it could happen, so he told me all the symptoms I should call the office about, but he thinks I'm just under stress. You think maybe? :)

I reported to him that I think the baby has dropped because I feel a lot more pressure down, and when he looked at my belly on the table, he agreed. He asked and I told him that I haven't had contractions, just tightening. But everything looks fine...the baby is moving well and I'm measuring well.

So why am I scared about having the baby soon? I asked myself this afternoon after we got home. I know I'd rather the baby didn't come before 38 weeks, but 37 would be fine (for the health of the baby). I guess it's the uncertainty of when he/she will come (although it seems pretty certain that he/she won't take 40 weeks to bake...where can I place my bet?)

The real reason, I've decided, is that I've finally gotten used to the crazy schedule of two children, with one of them being special needs with a crazy therapy and medical schedule, but our schedule had actually slowed down a bit with the CHOC therapy ending, and now...

...it's all going to get crazy again. Can you tell I like to be in control?

But I will survive, and this time of craziness shall pass and we'll have a calm schedule eventually.

Just not right away.

No comments: