Thursday, November 29, 2007

Daddy's Helper

When Lukas chooses to, he can be quite a good little helper (Of course that means when he chooses not to be…).

His first real “helping daddy” project occurred a couple of weeks ago when I needed to replace our computer mouse. The mouse had been sitting in a box for a couple of days and Lukas was anxious to install it. I announced to him that we were going to install the mouse and he let out a cheer. I broke out the flashlights and handed him one, expecting him to shine the light in my eyes and on the ceiling. To my pleasant surprise he asked if he could help me. As I was fishing the cord through the back of the computer desk, I asked him to grab the wire. He crawled under the desk, for which he is better suited than myself, and grabbed the cord. He then fed the cord up to the PC and directed the end of it into my fingers. Wow! That was really helpful. He was so excited that when he crawled out from under the desk he stood up and fell fanny first into a box (see picture).

Since then he has continued to offer his assistance. Last week he helped me clean out our shower drain line under the house (see before, during and after pictures), and he helped vacuum the dust bunnies out from under his bed.

No comments: