Tuesday, November 13, 2007

How to get your teeth cleaned with small children

Ok, so I could get a babysitter, or ask a friend to watch the kids while I go to the dentist, but Tom and I figured out a way to get my teeth cleaned without going this route and have a fun family evening too.

Tom and I both have the same dentist, so we book our appointments at 4 pm and 5 pm on the same day. That way, he can miss less than two hours of work to get his teeth cleaned, and when I show up at 5 pm for my appointment, he takes the kids while I get my teeth cleaned (we swap cars).

Last week was our bi-annual dentist visit, and since daylight savings time was just over, it was too dark to take the kids to the park, so he took them to a pet store for 30 minutes before going to a fast food restaurant. Then after my appointment I meet them at the restaurant for dinner, and Lukas can ride home with Tom while Natalie rides home with me, so we can both take the carpool lane.

This works for us, I hope it works for you! To see more of my WFMW posts, go here, and visit Shannon for more WFMW ideas from bloggers across the planet.

5 comments:

Shawna said...

We are always trying to juggle appointments like this. Sometimes we have to get creative. Thanks for the tip!

Mandy said...

That's a great tip!

DW said...

GENIUS! Thanks for the great tip, especially the carpooling one--double bonus! Love your blog, and love your "milestones" for kids growth on your page.

Edi said...

we do almost the same thing! Except we have our older dd have her appt. also... do similar things if I have an appt. ...I try to find docs/dentists close to my dh's office that way we can stop by his office pick him up and then he can watch the kids while I have my appt.

We don't have babysitters handy - so this works best for us.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! With my husbands work schedule it is next to impossible for me to make appointments. We've recently moved and my entire network or women I trust is gone. This is the best idea ever!