Thursday, December 20, 2007

It's finally happened...

...the trifecta of children's needs hit me at the same time.

Up until today, I had been able to plan the kids' meals so that I wasn't feeding and dressing all three at the same time. But this morning, Konrad woke up earlier than expected and demanded to be fed...at the same time that Lukas woke up...and shortly thereafter Natalie awoke. So I had three crying children at the same time (Konrad was the only one crying to be fed...the other two might have been copying him).

AND, Natalie's therapist was coming at 8 a.m.

AND I had eaten or showered yet.

I slowly (but not too slowly...crying children and an 8 a.m. deadline loomed) got the needs met.

So by 8 a.m. the children had been fed and clothed and I had been showered...but my hair was wet and I hadn't eaten.

Dry hair came naturally (no hair dryer today!) and I ate breakfast while Natalie's therapist was here and Lukas was playing games on the computer. Konrad was happy in his bouncy seat.

And once again, all is right with The Happy Ones.

No comments: