Friday, January 4, 2008

That's one loved little brother!

Lukas and Natalie LOVE loving on Konrad. As I've mentioned before, Lukas always says, "I want to say hi to Konrad!" He gives him lots of kisses during the day (what is it going to be like when Lukas is sick and I'm trying to protect Konrad from the germs?) I'm always very careful with Natalie around Konrad...I can't really leave them alone together.

Today I tested Natalie a little further. We've always said, "gentle, be gentle with Konrad" to Natalie, and she's learned to pat his head, not his face (although she still pats his head a little too hard). Today I watched as she crawled over to his bouncy seat and started to play with the toys on the bouncy seat (as she's seen Lukas do, trying to engage Konrad in play). I reminded her to be gentle, and she proceeded to reach out and point to his eye with her finger...actually, she was poking his eye a little, but she MEANT it to be pointing. We do this with dolls, "Show me the doll's eye, Natalie. Show me the doll's nose." But now I have to keep telling her to just pat Konrad on the head.

Then I asked Natalie where Konrad's feet were, and she took both of his feet and started clapping them together (akin to her clapping our hands together). Okay, that won't kill him, and it won't blind him, so that's acceptable for now.

No comments: