Friday, February 1, 2008

Ahead of the curve

Konrad's 8 week check up was today. His pediatrician started out the visit with "Well, he's in the 50th percentile...for 5-month olds." His weight was 15 pounds and his height was 25 1/8 inches, which puts him 3/4" over the 97th percentile for his age. I think I might switch him to 9 month clothes next week because of his height.

Lukas was 24 inches and 13 lb, 13 oz at 7 weeks, but he also started out life more than a pound lighter than Konrad, so I think they're on a similar track. We'll see how close they are at 4 months.

I remember when I had to carry Lukas at this age, I thought he was terribly heavy. But I have "mom" muscles now that I'm not working in an office, and I also have a 25-pound girl to carry around, so Konrad seems quite light...for now!

No comments: