Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Flu

We're home again, two days earlier than we planned. On the way to my sister's house on Sunday, Tom started to get sick, and by the time we arrived, he only wanted to climb into bed. He had fever and chills and aches and coughing...he said he hadn't been this sick in 10 years. Thankfully he could stay in the guest apartment, but it wasn't any fun for him at all. That was Monday.

Tuesday at 11 am, I knew I was coming down with it too. So we packed everything up and left by 2 pm, arrived home just after 8 pm (I fed Konrad right before we left, and he tolerated only one feeding on the way home). Last night I had fever and chills too. Thank God for Tylenol and Advil! Lukas complained about a sore throat when we got home, so I gave him Tylenol, but he slept fine the whole night and seems to be fine today.

Konrad has been more fussy than usual: wanting to eat more frequently yesterday and today (except when he slept the whole trip home yesterday). I've been checking his temperature and finally this afternoon he has a fever too. It really scares me because this is one miserable flu...I keep imagining him having to go to the hospital like Natalie did when she got the flu two years ago, and it turned into pneumonia. That is one torture we don't want to go through again, but I keep reminding myself that Konrad weighs twice as much as Natalie did when she got sick.

So far Lukas and Natalie seem to be fine. Tom is getting better, I'm in the middle of it, Konrad is at the beginning.

Thanks for your prayers!

I'll post pictures of our stay when I have some of the laundry done and am feeling better.

No comments: