Saturday, February 23, 2008

Trading places

Natalie found Lukas' new drumsticks unattended and started "making music" (as Lukas calls it) of her own. She did a great job! I was very excited about how coordinated she was in her drumming (must come from watching Lukas a lot). You can see the toes at the top of the picture as Lukas came into the room to see what was going on. I was very proud that he didn't immediately grab the drumsticks away from her, but asked her if he could use them. I said, "Natalie can use them for one more minute and then it's your turn, Lukas" which is how we normally solve toy disputes.

Tom took Lukas to Target to get a different bike, since the other bike was too small. This one was just right! Lukas rode the bike while Tom took Natalie in the stroller and Tom said Lukas did a great job. He goes very fast, which is what I was hoping for, because on his trike, Lukas was way to slow for me walking with the stroller...maybe now I could even jog! Tom said Lukas fell about four times because he has developed quick turning habits with his trike that won't work with a bike, even one with training wheels. But Lukas is braking well and getting the hang of riding his bike.

Today I have finally turned the corner on this flu. No pain medication, for the first time in four days, and I am starting to remember what it feels like to be healthy. I still have a bad cough and chest congestion, but hopefully that will improve too.

2 comments:

Anxious AF said...

Perhaps a future musician?

Cindy said...

Yes! Both Natalie and Lukas respond to music a lot...Konrad not so much yet.