Thursday, March 6, 2008

Growing up

Our three kids are growing up...each in their own way.

Konrad: tomorrow he'll be three months old and he's already been teething for at least a week! When we were sick a couple weeks ago, I was anticipating him getting sick, so I fed him at night more frequently than I'd planned...I think he's been waking up more because he's teething. Just now I had to give him Baby Orajel before his nap, which I've had to give him at least once a day for the past week to get him to go to sleep. I need to move the Orajel to his bedroom and plan to use it at night (once again, I need to vocalize that before I go to sleep, or it doesn't happen in the middle of the night stupor). Sorry, no pics of drooling baby.

Natalie: she's doing great scooping with a spoon and has started to take drinks from an open cup (doesn't like that so much yet). But the biggest excitement is over her improvement in walking. Monday after therapy, she was much more ready to walk with us only holding one hand (usually she wants us to hold two hands). Today when I picked her up from therapy, she took several steps to me, which is rare after a tiring therapy session (Caryn really works her out...but no pain, no gain!) Also today, I walked her to the car, holding one hand, which we've never done before (Ok, I was ahead of schedule, so I could take the time to do this...I need to plan to do this more), usually I carry her to the car.

Lukas: Today at lunch when he saw that I was getting out leftover burritos, he asked for one, but then didn't like it (I usually make bean and potato burritos for Tom and me. Since Lukas doesn't like refried beans or potatoes, I make cheese and corn quesadillas for Natalie and Lukas when I make burritos). But I was in the middle of feeding Natalie, holding Konrad, trying to feed myself quickly before feeding Konrad, so Lukas said, "Can I get a sandwich by myself?" What can I say? Yes! So he pulled Tom's chair from the table into the kitchen, found the bread, took the chair to the frig a total of three times to get the cheese, then the mayo, then the turkey, and made a sandwich. (I stopped feeding Natalie to take a picture of his creation). He kept on saying that this sandwich tasted so great because he made it. I was surprised that he made it with two heels of the bread, but hey, Lukas isn't picky about his bread, he's just picky about potatoes!

No comments: