Tuesday, May 13, 2008

More walking

No official therapy today, so I try to spend even more time with Natalie doing homework. She is quite able to walk long distances (5-10 feet) between things, but she doesn't chose to do it unless someone is working with her on it (she crawls around the house). Last week I thought she would only walk to other people, but now I've been working with her on her walking to other things. We just came back from our walk (Lukas riding his bike and Konrad and Natalie in the stroller), and instead of plopping her on her bottom, I stood her on her feet and said, "Walk to your high chair, Natalie." So she did. Maybe that will be the way she starts to realize it's a preferred method of locomotion.

Another very cool thing she does is stand up without holding onto anything. To me, this is a real sign she's capable of walking. She is very unstable while walking, but stability will only come with practice.

So we urge her to keep practicing!

No comments: