Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Poor girl

Natalie woke us at midnight with crying. I checked on her once, she seemed to be ok, then when she cried 10 minutes later, Tom and I both went into the room, where she promptly threw up. Her temperature was 102.6 and she was pretty miserable. This is where the g-tube is really nice: there's no struggle to get her to take Tylenol or Motrin while she's sick--we just put it in the tube and it goes to work.

Lukas was of course awakened since they share a room, and he had to give a running commentary about her being sick and throwing up.

After we got her cleaned up and new sheets put on her crib, she went to sleep pretty quickly. She woke me again at 2 am, but she didn't have a fever and she went back to sleep again.

Tom and I were both pretty bleary eyed this morning, and I realized that this was the first time Konrad had slept through the night without waking me for teething assistance in several weeks! Oh well!

This morning Natalie got up late, had a small breakfast and seemed to be pretty tired, so I put her back in bed. She's still sleeping. I need to check her soon to see if the Motrin wore off and she has a fever again, but I don't want to wake her...

It's odd how she was feeling fine last night and ate normally for dinner. Did she catch this at church on Sunday or at therapy yesterday? I'm always trying to figure out what and where, but I'm not usually successful!

The princess has awakened after a two-hour nap...she sounds good (normal happy waking up sounds, not crying)...but we shall see how the day goes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys are just great parents! With kids as many and as small as yours and the special attention that Natalie needs...well, I just can't say it enough. Y'all are doing great. That is my encouragement for the day. Proud of you guys!

Cheryl