Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I didn't realize how groggy I was

I went to work this morning, a little under the weather. After being there a whole half hour, I started a conversation with two coworkers. And a full minute into the conversation, I thought to myself, "Self, why do I sound funny?"

Then it dawned on me that I was wearing my retainers. I was actually talking the whole time I was thinking and realizing I had retainers in my mouth. Somehow after I brushed my teeth this morning, I put my retainers back in (I usually just wear them overnight). I got dressed, said goodbye to the family, drove to work, and continued for 30 minutes before I realized it.

Tomorrow, in addition to checking that my zipper is up and I have my cell phone, I'll have to make sure my retainers are not in my mouth when I leave.

2 comments:

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

OMG, thanks for a good laugh before bed! I hope that you get a good nights sleep!

BusyBee said...

I am cracking up because that is one thing that I'm paranoid of happening to me (I look like a 12 year old with them in and with my glasses on)! I don't wear mine every night now, so when I do I have funky dreams too!

--Carianne