Thursday, July 3, 2008

No compassion

Lukas suggested that Konrad join Natalie and him in the pool this afternoon. Konrad has been sitting up pretty well, so I decided it was worth a try and suited him up for his first outing in the pool. I placed the pool so half was in the shade for Konrad and the other half in the sun.

Of course, I told Lukas and Natalie that they couldn't splash while Konrad was in the pool (and that I couldn't play squirt guns with Lukas because I had to watch Konrad), but somehow Konrad ended up getting splashed. He loved being in the water, and was starting to get the hang of it when Natalie, encouraged by Lukas' splashing, began a splashing fit that really got Konrad in the face. Then he wasn't having fun any more. He never did cry (he is so good natured that way) but I could tell he was on the verge.

Lukas and Natalie have compassion for Konrad after he's crying, but they don't seem to have a clue what will cause him to cry...it would seem they don't have compassion in advance. But actually, they're just being kids. We're working on it!

No comments: