Monday, July 21, 2008

Where did he get that?

Lukas has been saying "whatever" the past couple weeks. Today at lunch he was talking about what he did at preschool, and then stopped a story short and said, "whatever!"

Then he asked me, "Mom, when do you say 'whatever'?" I asked him what he meant. He said, "How do you use the word, 'whatever'?"

I asked him how he thought "whatever" should be used.

Lukas said, "You say 'whatever' when you're in the middle of something and forgot what you were going to say."

Ok.

Then I asked Tom, "Did he get 'whatever' from me or from you?" Tom said, "Well, I said it once."

I know I used to say "whatever" a lot, but I didn't think I'd used that word in that way for several years.

Hmmm.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That is just too funny. I can't wait to have such silly conversations like that with Andrew!