Friday, September 5, 2008

Picture Pot Pourri

Konrad is finally eating peas, occasionally without spitting them out. I usually have to hide them in baby oatmeal or bananas (the only other two solid foods on his menu currently), but tonight he accepted a couple of bites that weren't hidden, after two weeks of peas. Next, we'll try squash. I like to make the baby food myself since it tastes so much better than the canned option...I freeze the purees in ice cube trays, then put them in a freezer bag and then take one cube out for a meal.

Well, he'd also like to eat shoes...in this case, Natalie's shoes, but usually my shoes...c'est dommage, shoes don't puree well.

Speaking of eating, Natalie refuses to eat pizza with a fork anymore. She only wants to eat it with her hands, like everyone else does. We had been cutting it up into pieces for her, but she won't have it! Natalie has also picked up Lukas' mode of eating pizza...she eats all the toppings off first, then eats the pizza. The difference is that Lukas won't eat onions or green peppers, but Natalie's eats it all.

Here's Lukas making "sunglasses" since I had him face the sun for the picture. I have the hardest time getting good pictures in our front yard because of the shade of our trees. Not that I'm complaining! I love our trees! But I do need to read the instructions on the camera so I can use it better and avoid the shadows on faces.

5 comments:

Myssie@PendletonMarket said...

Try "fill flash" Cindy, it should help with the shadows on the face.

Josh and I read about Natalie eating pizza. Oh my goodness, I pray that Will is going to be successful with estim and enjoy pizza too. Natalie is such a big girl eating it like everyone else!

Rachel said...

That is what we do with Elizabeth as well. We do the cubes. She doesn't really particularly like peas either. :)

Anxious AF said...

I cant believe Natalie was like Alex at one time (NPO) Did you make that up?!?!?:)
Come live with us.
E-stim isnt an option for us, we have to make this happen another way:(
I make my own food too!It feels good.

Anonymous said...

So cute. Thats how I eat my pizza too. Noah still won't eat peas to this day. He takes the spoon and throws it on the floor or at me.

Ana said...

You'll have to give me tips on the homemade baby food, I'd love to make some for Luca!