Saturday, September 13, 2008

Time to put my feet up...almost!

In the continuing saga of laundry at The Happy Ones...now Natalie is learning to take laundry out of the dryer, and Lukas is learning to fold the laundry (he actually asked to learn to fold towels this week)!

I had asked Lukas to "switch the laundry", which means put the dry laundry in the laundry basket and put the wet laundry in the dryer. But he wanted to first take a dirty diaper bag out to the trash can (wow, what a thoughtful son!), so while he was outside, I asked Natalie if she wanted to help with the laundry, and she happily opened the dryer door and started working. I love the first picture because it shows her great new haircut (we're trying to go without rubber bands or hairclips since they seem to be cutting her fine hair, and she likes the hairband pretty well...when she keeps it on her head), even though the picture doesn't have her usually happy smile.

What the pictures don't show is that Natalie only took three items out of the dryer before she decided to do something else, and Lukas took multiple promptings by me to get the towel completely flat before starting to fold it...but it's a start!

I can see myself in the backyard, curled up with a book, sipping on a cold root beer, as the kids do everything around the house.

Oops, I just woke up from my daydream!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute Cindy. I love the pictures of both of them.. And its great Konrad did so well at the Dr.

Anxious AF said...

Natalie looks so grown up in that picture! Is it just that her hair is different?!?! She is such a big girl now.

Cindy said...

Thanks, Kristi!

Jessica, I think the change in hairstyle does make her look more mature...something about the pigtail sticking straight up screams "one-year old"! To me, the hairband is definitely for big girls!

Kelly said...

Natalie looks like a little housewife working ont he laundry with her grown-up handband!!

Love it...we all envy you for all the free time you will soon have!! :)

Kelly W.

Jacqui said...

Lovely hair cut. Big girl.

I must remember this trick of making housework look like fun kids play.

Michelle said...

That is just too cute. I love Natalie's new haircut! She's looks like a grown "little" girl.

Tarah Peacock said...

Natlie's haircut is so cute! I would love to add your blog to Sawyer's if you wouldn't mind.

Thanks!