Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Take it away, AGAIN!

My mommy license, that is.

You may remember that Natalie fell and scraped her nose two weeks ago while watching the trash truck go by. That injury was TERRIBLE...she fell from the second step on our porch and landed hard on her nose, on the concrete sidewalk.

Yesterday she fell flat on her nose on our tile kitchen floor. I saw that happen, and she tripped on nothing, didn't put her hands out to catch her (with her developmental delays, this happens sometimes), and the only thing that caught her was her nose. Much crying, some blood. I think her nose is broken (very swollen, but not crooked).

I called the pediatrician and talked to the nurse, who said a doctor wouldn't want to see her until the swelling went down, in a few days.

Today she fell on her nose again.

I. AM. NOT. KIDDING.

Once again, (it's Tuesday, so that's trash day!) we were watching the trash truck. Now we all watch from the first step, so Natalie's feet are on the ground, and she doesn't forget where she is when she gets excited to see the trash truck.

But she knows how to climb up the steps and get back into the house by herself, so I left her and carried Konrad inside when we were done...only to hear her cry, turn around, and see blood coming off her nose again.

She scraped her nose again, I think on the brick steps, as she was climbing up. It looks like it did two weeks ago.

Just take away the license now, I won't even protest.

I called the ENT and got our appointment for next Tuesday to check her ear tubes moved up to this Friday. The ENT nurse said that if they're going to do anything, it has to be done within 10 days of the injury. I still doubt there is anything they will do, but the swelling is really affecting how her breathing sounds (small nasal passages already!) We've tried to put an ice pack on it, but she's not very cooperative.

No pictures. I hang my head. I don't know what to do.

But Natalie's still smiling!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

At least Natalie is happy. I know you feel horrible.
Poor Happy Ones...
Kelly

BusyBee said...

Oooh Natalie! Sorry to hear about your fall(s). You are such a trooper. We're praying for a quick recovery.

Jacqui said...

That is just NOT fun. Poor Natalie, and poor you. If only we as parents could be at all places at all times focussed on just the right thing for all our kids. Impossible. These bumps and scrapes are bound to happen, but don't we feel bleak when they do. Hope the nose heals soon. HUGS

Cindy said...

Thanks for all your encouragement. Tom reminded me that most kids who are learning to walk aren't as tall as Natalie, and don't weigh as much, so she's bound to get hurt more when she falls. We just haven't had it happen yet, and now it happens in threes!

Anonymous said...

Aww poor thing. At least she continues to smile.