Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What time is it?

Earlier this year I wrote my rant about daylight savings time. This time, Tom and I tried to ease into it by slowly getting the kids to bed later, starting about 5 days before the actual time change.

This may have helped, but the thing we neglected to change while the bedtime was changing was the mealtime and naptime schedule. If we had also adjusted those times by the same amount of time as bedtime, this whole exercise might have gone much better. But I think adjusting the bedtime gradually was better than doing nothing, like we did last time.

So this morning, Konrad woke up at 5:18 a.m., Lukas woke at 6:15 and Natalie woke at 6:30. They're almost there...but Konrad is crashing well before naptime, so it's taking some encouragement to keep him up a little longer each day.

And then we get to do it again in a few months, the other way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so early. Noah doensn't get up until 9 most mornings and that helps me while I am sick.. He has never been a early riser.