Friday, January 9, 2009

Windy day

The Santa Ana winds arrived today, with a fury. Tom shot video of the yellow leaves from our Chinese Elm tree raining down on us like a snowy blizzard. I know "snowy blizzard" is not what you think of when you see the hot sunny day we had, but that's the best analogy I could come up with.

Lukas wanted to play in the leaves, but I needed to be inside getting Konrad down for a nap, so he had to play in the backyard (where there are no leaves). He asked if I would watch him in the front yard for a few minutes while he got a box full of leaves to take to the backyard to play. Then after Konrad was sleeping, I joined him and we threw leaves at each other, rolled around in them, and he played with his trucks (Natalie was at school, or I know she would have enjoyed it too).

Such a funny change of weather: this morning was on-shore, moist air. Then before noon it switched to off-shore, dry air. Hopefully this does not portend more wildfires.

No comments: