Friday, March 27, 2009

Another kind of Camp-ing trip

Lukas and I spent a very special afternoon with Lukas' second cousin Leif Jr. Leif is the drummer for a Christian rock artist named Jeremy C-a-m-p, and they were in concert about an hour from our house.

The actual concert was well past Lukas' bedtime, but we met Leif at the arena to watch him set up and test his new drums (check out the video clip at the bottom). WOW! We were able to hang out on the stage while the crew set up the sound system and lights, and Leif tested and tuned his drums. I know that Lukas has never heard any sound like Leif's amplified drums, because I never have.

After the drums were tested, we hung out in the arena parking lot and Lukas played with the children of the band members and saw the inside of the band's bus. We capped the afternoon off by hanging out in the "green" room, which wasn't green at all. Lukas loved the experience, and it might be enough to bring out the drummer in him again.

Here's a picture of me, my first cousin Leif Sr, Lukas, Jeremy, Leif Jr, Jeremy's daughter, Danielle (Leif's sister) and Tim (Danielle's husband).

5 comments:

Cindy said...

I don't know how Carla did it, listening to Leif as he learned to play the drums! But it sure paid off!

Terri H-E said...

Lukas is one of a kind. It's always about "how," isn't it? That is so cool.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Also congratulations on the mickey removal. I know I was so glad when Noah's was removed.. It was a huge sense of relief and accomplishment.

Michelle said...

I am so jealous!!! We listen to Jeremy Camp all the time! How fun! He has a great testimony of all he's been through and where God has brought him. I'll just say it again..I'm jealous!

Cindy said...

Yeah, we first met Jeremy at Leif's wedding five years ago...he does have a great testimonial.

It could be a few years before Lukas can stay up for a concert, though...since they don't "open" any more.