Thursday, April 2, 2009

The (Fill in the blank) Boy

Konrad is a Grape Boy, a Cantaloupe Boy, a Cheese Boy, a Raisin Boy, an Orange Boy...these are some of his favorite foods, for which he has a pretty insistent yelp when he sees them. And when he loves something, he tends to stuff his mouth full...imagine three whole grapes in his mouth at the same time (now I just give him one grape at a time). A far cry from the feeding struggles I had last summer...remember this? What's especially funny is how he takes the boring food he was eating out of his mouth, once he sees something new and interesting coming from the kitchen (like when I bring fruit out for dessert). I have to make sure he's done with his dinner before I bring fruit out, or there's no going back.

Here's a short video that proves he is now Broccoli Boy. This is steamed broccoli with a little butter and garlic salt. Last night Konrad ate a large serving of broccoli. This video is of leftovers from last night that he had for lunch. Today his diaper contents had a very interesting color. I'm NOT making broccoli tonight!

1 comment:

Terri H-E said...

Oh, funny. That's my Cate - and at 9.5 years old, broccoli is STILL finger food for her.