Monday, June 22, 2009

VBS Day 1

Yes, we are VBS-ing this week...all week long. Whew! We survived the first day.

Lukas is in the 5-6 year old class (Shooting Stars) and Natalie is in the 3-4 year old class (Super Novas)...can you tell there is a space theme? Konrad is in the nursery with his friends and is doing well.

I'm outside with the recreation activities, and I have 6--count them, 6!--teen boys helping me! I barely have to do anything...I just tell them what to do and they do it. But I'd say I need the help because getting three kids ready for three different activities is a challenge, especially the first day...and checking on them during every break keeps me on my toes. I'm sure the rest of the week will be easier.

Natalie enjoyed having Doris in her class as an assistant teacher. Last year, the youngest class was "older"...this year, Natalie definitely fits right in to the group. The kids are actually younger than half of her preschool class, so she's used to fitting in with even a slightly older group. As usual, "craft" is Lukas' favorite activity... although he enjoyed music and snacks too.


3 comments:

Kelly said...

What a cute picture of Natalie in the helmet!!

Good luck the rest of the week...I know you will be exhausted!

Kelly W.

Brandi said...

I can't wait until my kids are old enough to do VBS! Looks like lots of fun. We still have to stay away from church right now because of germs. Nathan is still pretty fragile.

Ana said...

Yeah we survived! I'm so glad you have the boys to help you outside!!